Poster Prep and Evaluation
Each poster will be assessed on the following five areas (each area has equal weight):
|Clarity, organization, and content of the presentation abstract
Relative importance of presented research to psychology
Clarity, organization, and visual appeal of presentation
Creativity in research question and/or study design
Apparent degree to which undergraduate author was responsible for the content and format of presentation
- illustrates the interaction of brain processes and complex behaviors
- identifies the brain mechanisms of social behavior
- demonstrates command of a major methodological technique used in neuroscience research
Appropriate Poster Format
- Posters may not exceed 44’ width and 34’ height.
- Posters should have a white background.
- All text on the poster must be at least an 18 pt font size.
For tips on preparing your poster presentation and some suggested layouts, we recommend you review these American Psychological Association articles.
|The pefect poster||Students presenting research posters|
Printing Your Poster at GSU
PLEASE DO NOT USE DARK BACKGROUNDS FOR YOUR POSTER. IT USES A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF INK.
You must format your poster with the following guidelines, or it will not print correctly:
- Make your poster a single slide in PowerPoint.
- In page layout, size your poster at 44” (width) by 34” (height). This size creates a flexible ratio of 1.33.
- Note: Make sure that you check your poster in print preview to ensure that it will look how you want. DO NOT rely on how it looks on the slide design page.
Also, be aware that any images will be blown up a great deal to fit the poster. Check to make sure any pictures have a high enough resolution that they won’t be pixilated on the poster.
Complete directions for using the poster printer may be found in the workroom. Please check with the receptionist if you do not see them.