About Psi Chi
- The intrinsic value of membership is rewarding not only to the achiever but also to others and to the field of psychology. The achievement and recognition of excellence leads to self-fulfillment and thus to self-realization. By recognizing that what you do does make a difference, you are stimulating higher productivity. Accomplishments are enjoyed more through sharing. Furthermore, the contacts made through Psi Chi will be valuable throughout your educational and professional careers.
- Concrete advantages of membership include:
- The documents: a membership certificate and membership card.
- The references provided throughout one's lifetime.
- The experience gained by working with Psi Chi is excellent for building up your curriculum vitae.
- Psi Chi members are eligible to apply for Psi Chi sponsored awards and grants that facilitate research experience.
- Psi Chi members may also submit articles for publication in Psi Chi's undergraduate research journal.
- Psi Chi is a springboard for professional growth. Opportunities are made available to the members for promoting their research, for national and international recognition, for contacts and interaction with the leaders in their field, and to meet Psi Chi members of other chapters who will also be future leaders.
- The United States government recognizes membership in Psi Chi as meeting one of the requirements for entrance at the GS-7 level in Federal service.
Climaxing the benefits mentioned above is knowing that many individuals, by their caring, dedication, perseverance, and hard work, have made it possible to encourage young persons who are interested in psychology to strive for excellence.
- Completion of 3 semesters or 5 quarters of the college course
- Completion of 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology courses at Georgia State University
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in both psychology classes and in cumulative grades
Applications are available in the Psychology Office on the 11th floor in Urban Life or online.